Friday, May 20, 2011

Yucky vs. Yummy

This was pretty fun.
We had a Yucky vs. Yummy taste test for our snack time!
  1. I got about 8-10 different, new foods from the bulk section at Winco that we had never tried before.
  2. Then we tried each one to see which ones we liked (YUMMY!) and which ones we didn’t like (YUCK!).
  3. I made a simple chart to keep track of who liked what. You could use tally marks or write “yes” in the box or a sticker. Feel free to use the chart below.
yummyyuck
Some of the things we tried were: dried mangos, dried pineapple, roasted soy beans, chocolate-covered gummy bears (yes, seriously), wasabi peas (sorry but I even spit that one out), dried apricots, toffee peanuts and chocolate-covered bananas.
Very fun snack time!
*I also got some different kinds of cheese to try for another snack time. We tried goat cheese, Havarti, smoked gouda, mozzarella, and asiago.

1 comment:

I love your comments! Feel free to leave a link if you've done any of these activities with your kids. I'd love to visit your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...